Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Diet so Far

All the common migraine triggers (cheese, chocolate, caffeine, alcohol, citrus fruits) are "out". Also excluded are other fruits, leeks, celery, garlic, mushrooms, baked beans, tinned fish, any seafood, any processed food, any preserves, ice creams, anything with monosodium glutamate, nitrites or vinegar. So most dressings, sauces and gravies are verboten and I'm suspicious of anything in a packet with an E number on the ingredient list.

Breakfasts are now Bran Flakes mixed with Oat Crisps with milk and sugar, or, porridge with toast and butter and a cup of decaf tea. I'm restricting myself to 3 (max) decaf teas a day and apart from that, water is the only other drink. For the last couple of days the bread has been soda bread, rather than the home made wholemeal/ciabatta mixture.

Lunches at home are usually chicken slices with bread, butter and tomatoes and or salad. No dressings.

Dinners vary. Today we had roast chicken with roast carrots, parsnips, potatoes and blanched spinach. Last night it was a jacket potato with sliced chicken, lettuce, tomato, cauliflower (raw), and water cress. On Friday night I had a rare treat - fish and chips with my daughter while my husband went out to a barbecue.

For dessert? So far I've restricted myself to meringue with dulche de leche, but I also eat the occasional shortbread biscuit.

What would I add back once I'm sure this diet is migraine-free? Apples

Ditulis Oleh : Unknown // 10:42 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About